Ridgewood YMCA Summer Camp Helps Youth Learn, Get Outdoors and Develop Leadership Skills. From June 25th to August 24th, the Ridgewood YMCA is encouraging parents to help keep their kids physically active and mentally engaged by signing them up for the Y’s summer day camp in Ridgewood or the Y’s Camp Bernie overnight camp in Port Murray, New Jersey. Summer is a critical out-of-school time when children and teens can benefit from enriched learning, new experiences and making new friendships. The Y’s camps offer all of this and more.
“While summer should be a time of exploration, youth are sometimes less involved in activities that stimulate their mind and body,” says Mike Rainere, Youth Director at the Ridgewood YMCA. “When at Ridgewood Y day camp or Camp Bernie, kids have the opportunity to get outdoors and learn about nature, take on new responsibilities, gain independence, and develop essential social skills and new relationships. As a result, they become more confident, open to trying new things and grow as individuals and as part of a group.”
Ridgewood Y summer day camp provide exciting and educational camp programming for children and teens, and their parents, including swim lessons, specialty camps and theme days. And, to ensure that all youth have the chance to experience camp, the Ridgewood YMCA offers financial assistance to those in need.
A leading nonprofit committed to nurturing the potential of youth, the Y has been a leader in providing summer camp for more than 125 years. The Ridgewood YMCA continues to give youth an enriching, safe experience with caring staff and volunteers who model positive values that help build their kids’ character. According to Y camping experts, there are five reasons why children and teens should attend summer camp:
1. ADVENTURE: Summer camp is all about a wide variety of fun adventures and new experiences, and especially exploring the outdoors. YMCA camps have a new adventure for every child and teen. Visit www.ridgewoodymca.org/camp or www.campbernieymc.com for details.
2. HEALTHY FUN: Day and resident camps offer fun, stimulating activities that engage the body and mind, and also help children and teens learn the importance of nutrition to help improve their eating habits.
3. PERSONAL GROWTH: While being away from the routine back home, youth have a chance to learn new skills, and develop confidence and independence by taking on new responsibilities and challenges.
4. NEW FRIENDSHIPS: Amidst the fun of camp games, songs, swimming and other activities, campers meet new friends.
5. MEMORIES: Summer camp is an unforgettable experience that will give each camper memories that will last a lifetime. Youth return to school with plenty of camp stories to share!
For more information about Ridgewood YMCA day and overnight camps, visit www.ridgewoodymca.org or contact Mike Rainere at 201-444-5600 x339.