The Boys & Girls Club of Garfield joins Boys & Girls Clubs across America to celebrate National Boys & Girls Club Week, April 16 -20, by hosting several events to emphasize the importance and value of the Clubs to the local community. The organization invites everyone to take a tour of our facility and see first-hand the impact being made on today’s youth.
Boys & Girls Clubs are increasingly playing a vital role in many young people’s lives. In today’s economic climate, we offer a positive place for kids whose parents are seeking an economical, safe and enriching environment for their children.
There is no cost for parents to send their child to the Garfield Middle School Club. Boys & Girls Clubs are unique in the field of child development due to five identifying characteristics. The Clubs provide:
• A safe place to learn and grow;
• Ongoing relationships with caring, adult professionals;
• Life-enhancing programs and character development experiences;
• Hope and opportunity; and,
• Peer, staff and volunteer recognition.
For more than 75 years, Clubs have celebrated Boys & Girls Club Week in a variety of ways, all with an emphasis on five core Club program areas: Character & Leadership Development; Education & Career Development; Health & Life Skills; The Arts; and Sports, Fitness & Recreation. Activities in these five core areas support Boys & Girls Clubs of America’s overarching goal to help each child reach their full potential and BE GREAT by securing academic success, living a healthy lifestyle and distinguishing themselves as young leaders.
Planned activities during Boys & Girls Club Week include:
• Garfield Middle School (175 Lanza Ave., Garfield, NJ): Monday, 4:15 p.m., OPEN HOUSE slideshow of Club kids and programs; Tuesday, 4:15pm p.m., Cooking club / baking for senior citizens; Wednesday ,Thursday, 4:30 p.m., Sports and Fitness Day, Friday , 7:00pm Allow the youth to blow off some steam with a SPRING BASH / school dance.Call (973)-478-7662 or (201)448-5753 at Garfield Middle School.